ROAST CHICKEN WITH APPLE MUSTARD
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter
- 22 ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) vegetable oil
- 1 small chicken, cut into 8 or 10 pieces
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable broth
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) apple mustard
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) thyme, dried
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 15% cream
- 22 ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F).
- In large skillet, heat butter and oil at medium-high heat.
- Bread chicken pieces before putting them in the skillet. Bake for about 1 minute so that each
side is colored.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and place the pieces of chicken in a baking dish.
- Season and add the vegetable broth, apple mustard, thyme.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix the cream and cornstarch. Once cooked, incorporate this mixture in the broth of the dish which is in the oven and baste the meat.
- Remove cover and cook for 15min, basting the meat twice.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and hash browns with garlic sprout mustard, curry and maple.